Welcome to St Johns Church, Hurst Green.
The Church of St. John the Evangelist is a rural Anglican Church in the predominantly Catholic village of Hurst Green, set in the beauty of the Ribble Valley. Built in 1835 on the edge of the village it nevertheless plays an important role in the faith life of the community. It is a church where there is a warm welcome, where everyone is known by name and children are cherished. Our mission statement reads: "Together, through worship, action and prayer, we seek to share the Love of God with all." A wide range of worship from Prayer Book Communion to very informal family services.
We are a welcoming congregation, many of whom have long standing family connections to the area and this Church.
Our Sunday services take place at 11.00am and follow a largely traditional format. Tea and coffee is served after the service and that is a chance for people to chat and for us to welcome visitors and those enquiring about their faith.
Children of all ages are welcome at our services and we often have activities arranged for them. There are also areas away from the main body of the church if they need to run around and be themselves.
The Church and its location is very attractive to wedding couples and we are happy to accommodate those who have a connection to the Parish or who are committed to regular worship at the Church, if they wish to be married at St Johns.
We share a number of events and activities with our sister church of All Hallows at Mitton.
Since 2014 we have been part of the Diocese of Blackburn, having previously been in the Diocese of Bradford – a result of historic boundaries. We are enjoying being part of the Blackburn Diocese and the Whalley Deanery and the easy access we now have to Diocesean resources and activities.