History of St John's Church
The parish of St John's Church was carved out of All Hallows, Mitton in 1835 and the church was built in 1838. The parish is still a joint benefice with All hallows and enjoys a close relationship with that congregation.
St John's Church stand on the edge of the village of Hurst Green and was built on land donated by the Fenton (of pioneering photography fame) family. Despites its position the church is very much at the heart of the village. A high proportion of all the social activity in the village is driven by our parishioners. Many parishioners have a long association with St John's and we draw families in from many places within the Ribble Valley.